Hardeman County Community Health Center, Inc. is committed to providing exceptional care to ensure the health and safety of our patients, community, and employees. We are following the most current procedures developed by public health authorities regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We have updated how we care for our patients who come to our centers with symptoms of the virus so we can minimize the exposure to other patients and staff.
If you have symptoms associated with COVID-19 such as fever, dry cough, and shortness of breath, please remain home to avoid affecting others.
If you feel you need medical care, call 731.658.3388 for instructions on what to do next.
If you are experiencing severe symptoms of the virus such as: trouble breathing or shortness of breath, chest or abdominal pain or pressure, new onset of dizziness, and severe vomiting call the local emergency room for guidance.
How to protect yourself against COVID-19
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, and if not available, with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use proper cough and sneeze etiquette (cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and immediately dispose the tissue). If you cannot quickly find a tissue or other disposable towels to sneeze or cough into, the next best course of action is to sneeze into the bend of your elbow. The COVID-19 pandemic was not something we predicted, but with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), we can stay prepared. We are grateful to be your health care provider, and it is our hope that the information in this update helps to ensure your health and well-being.
Temporary facility changes
- Patients are limited to one visitor at a time to reduce risk of possible exposure of COVID-19.
- Patients with fever and respiratory symptoms and their guest will not be allowed in the center without a facemask.
For the latest updates on COVID-19, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html?CDC_AA_refVal=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cdc.gov%2Fcoronavirus%2Findex.html